SEATTLE, Feb. 13, 2018 -- Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is continuing to intrigue, inform and enlighten guests with the upcoming season of Seabourn Conversations aboard Seabourn Ovation, scheduled to launch in May 2018. The line's newest ship will offer the popular onboard enrichment program throughout its maiden season in Northern Europe, hosting distinguished speakers and personalities from a variety of fields to offer perspectives on the world we live in today. Seabourn Conversations are enjoyed by guests across the entire Seabourn fleet of ultra-luxury ships on all sailings.
"We've always viewed enrichment as an essential part of the travel experience for our guests, bringing the most engaging personalities aboard to enlighten them, and the tradition continues on Seabourn Ovation during its maiden season," said Seabourn President, Richard Meadows. "The Seabourn Conversations series builds with each passing year as we introduce prominent personalities to share their life's work and experiences from a firsthand perspective."
Highlights of select speakers during the maiden season of Seabourn Ovation through 2018 include:
- Sir Tim Rice (May 5 - 16) – English author and lyricist, Sir Rice's remarkable talents have earned him three Oscars, three Golden Globes, three Tonys and several Grammys. Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1994, he is most renowned for his collaborations with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and more. His production show, An Evening with Tim Rice, is a concert-style presentation produced by Belinda King Creative Productions that is narrated by Rice via video and is now playing fleetwide on all Seabourn ships.
- Dr. Andrew Weil (May 5 - 16) – A world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, Harvard-educated Dr. Weil is Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and has authored 15 books. In conjunction with The Onboard Spa by Steiner, he co-created Seabourn's new "Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil" program, which is available on every ship in the Seabourn fleet. The first of its kind available at sea, the mindful living program offers guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being.
- Michael Teitelbaum (May 26 - June 9; Nov. 14 - Dec. 4) – A demographer and historian at Harvard Law School, Teitelbaum is author of more than 10 books and numerous articles for publications such as Foreign Affairs, Science, The New York Times and The Atlantic. His work focuses on many regions including Europe, East and South Asia, and the Americas.
- Armando Manni (Aug. 4 - 18) – Manni is the "M" in K+M Extra virgin Chocolate, together with world-renowned American chef and Seabourn partner Thomas Keller. A passionate gourmet and entrepreneur, Manni was the film director in Elvjs & Merilijn, which won the Golden Globe in 1998, awarded by the Foreign Press in Italy. In the culinary scene, since 2001 he is well-known for MANNI Oil, considered some of the finest extra virgin olive oil on the market. He also owns Casa MANNI Roma, a one couple only luxury accommodation designed by world-renowned hospitality designer Adam D. Tihany, who fashioned the interiors of Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Encore.
- Warren Fahey (Nov. 14 - Dec. 4) – An internationally recognized cultural historian, prolific author, broadcaster and performer, Fahey specializes in the "curious" side of history and folklore. Australian-born and -bred, he has been awarded the Order of Australia, the Prime Minister's Centennial Medal, and the Australian government's highest prize for music, The Don Banks Music Award, for his lifetime contribution to the arts.
- Dean McFlicker (Dec. 4 - 22) – An award-winning producer and director of countless productions for NBC Entertainment and others, McFlicker will share his experiences creating campaigns for some of the most successful shows on television, including The Voice, This Is Us, Law and Order, America's Got Talent and more. On Broadway, he has been a choreographer for productions such as Sha*Bang (Lincoln Center) and Gypsy of the Year (Virginia Theater).
- Grant Harrold (Oct. 1-13) – "The Royal Butler" draws on decades of passion for good manners, including time in Royal Households and leading his own Royal School of Etiquette and Butlers, to be Britain's Official Etiquette Expert. A broadcaster, commentator, public speaker, and butler trainer for principals and their staff around the world, he also consults with top hotels, and is called upon as an advisor to Royals and celebrities.
For the full schedule of speakers participating in Seabourn Conversations in 2018, visit the Seabourn Conversations website.
Seabourn will continue to release updates about Seabourn Ovation via the dedicated microsite: http://ovation.seabourn.com. Alive with imagery, details and news of the ship's continuing progress, including "sunsets until launch," the microsite offers an inside look at the excitement of the upcoming launch, with additional details, news and images revealed on an ongoing basis.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.
CLICK TO TWEET: [email protected] announces 2018 Seabourn Conversations speakers for the maiden season of #SeabournOvation! The list includes distinguished personalities such as @SirTimRice, @TheRoyalButler, and @DeanMcFlicker. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2yyh7l3
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seabourn-ovation-to-host-distinguished-speakers-during-maiden-season-as-part-of-seabourn-conversations-program-300598101.html